ED Doctor in Riverside, CA
Helping men experiencing sexual dysfunction near San Bernardino, Corona and Moreno Valley
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is defined as difficulty in getting and maintaining an erection that is firm enough for sex. This condition is very common, and is actually the most frequent sexual health complaint from men of all ages.
If you are experiencing problems achieving or sustaining an erection, board-certified urologist Dr. Howard aubert can help. Dr. Aubert has treated hundreds of men with ED at his office in Riverside, CA. Dr. Aubert combines extensive experience with a compassionate approach to care.
Dr. Aubert has the training and expertise needed to effectively treat ED. Our supportive staff and state-of-the-art ED treatment methods are here to help you regain a healthy and enjoyable sex life. Please call (951) 683-6370 to schedule a consultation at our urology clinic in Riverside, CA to discuss what treatment options will work best for you.
What Are the Symptoms of ED?
Generally all symptoms of erectile dysfunction will contribute to an inability to develop or sustain an erection. A lowered libido can also be a common sign of ED. If you experience erectile dysfunction in rare instances, and you have no other related health conditions, you should be able to manage your ED without much trouble. Such situations are completely normal, and should not warrant a significant amount of worry. However, if you begin to become concerned about erectile dysfunction and how much it is impacting your daily life, we encourage you to see a specialist.
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile Dysfunction: It’s common, and it’s treatable.
If you are dealing with erectile dysfunction (ED), you are not alone: nearly one in every four men over sixty-five will experience some degree of erectile dysfunction.1 Younger men often struggle with ED as well. By taking the time to educate yourself about ED, you’ve made an important first step in finding a solution to erectile dysfunction (impotence).
Erectile Dysfunction is the consistent inability to sustain an erection sufficient for sexual intercourse.
Erectile Dysfunction can be:
- A total inability to achieve an erection – You can never get an erection.
- An inconsistent ability to do so – You can only occasionally get an erection.
- A tendency to sustain only brief erections – You can get an erection, but can’t keep it long enough for satisfying sex.
What Causes ED?
As a result of recent medical research, it is now known that more than 80% of men suffering from ED can trace its origin to a physical problem or disorder.
For most men, the cause of ED can now be fairly easily identified. Once identified, proper treatment can be recommended that may help you return them to a satisfying sex life.
ED can be caused by physical disorders such as:
- An injury (i.e. brain or spinal cord)
- A disease (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol)
- Various studies have estimated that between 20% – 71% of individuals with diabetes suffer from erectile dysfunction.2
- An operation (i.e. prostate gland removal)
- Substance use (i.e. tobacco, drugs, alcohol or medications)
Other facts about Erectile Dysfunction (Impotence):
- Approximately 30 million American men suffer from erectile dysfunction.
- Most men with erectile dysfunction still have the ability to have an orgasm and father a child, but often have difficulty doing these things because they can’t get or sustain an erection.
- Erectile dysfunction is not normal and is by no means an inevitable consequence of aging.
- Most men at one time or another during their sexual lives are unable to get or keep an erection. This is normal and does not indicate a problem. However, millions of men of all ages experience this inability as a continuing problem.
- In most cases, erectile dysfunction can be overcome.
- Rosen R, et al. The process of care model for evaluation and treatment of erectile dysfunction. Int’l J. Impotence Research. 1999; 11, 59-74,
- Penson D, et al. Erectile Dysfunction in Diabetic Patients. Diabetes Spectrum. 2004, Vol 17, No. 4, 225-230.
Schedule an Appointment for Erectile Dysfunction in Riverside, CA
If you're experiencing symptoms of ED in the Inland Empire, contact Dr. Howard Aubert today to schedule an appointment. Give our Riverside office a call at (951) 683-6370 or request an appointment through our secure online form. We are conveniently located for men throughout Corona, San Bernardino and Moreno Valley
What Causes ED?
Several factors can cause erectile dysfunction including age, weight management issues, medications, or current medical conditions that you may be dealing with.
What Are Treatment Options for ED?
There are a number of treatment options available including medications, injections, and procedures. Dr. Aubert specializes in treating ED using medications, non medication therapy, and penile implants.
Are These Treatment Options the Same for All Men?
Almost all men that suffer from ED are eligible for all of these types of treatment. However, if you suffer from a cardiac disease or have a family history of heart disease, we strongly recommend consulting with Dr. Aubert before taking any medication or having any procedures.